With the FOOD plan in place, it was time to work on the DECOR! This is my favorite part! I wanted to continue the “WATERCOLOR” look and feel to incorporate that into the decor of the party. I planned to use it in several ways:
– to create a map with descriptions of the event
– to create signs for each food and activity station
– to create elements for the favors
– to create an advice/LOVE book to send home with Julianne
The event would be held in a spacious backyard. I went straight to DIAMOND RENTAL to line up a party tent, tables, chairs and linens. We also rented a sound system so that we could play a little mood music, and be prepared for a special musical number performed by Julianne’s niece. The folks at Diamond Rental are so awesome. Whether you make arrangements for them to deliver, or you pick it up yourself…the equipment is very reasonably priced. it’s so nice to have perfectly pressed linens, and matching chairs etc. Their guys made sure that the tent was ready to go the day before, and sent a crew to pick it up the day after. They were SO great to work with.
Our plan was to have 8 tables and 64 chairs all set up under the tent. We had the 5 six foot tables with the awnings we built. We also had 2 eight foot tables for our “activity” stations.
I was SO excited about the “activities” that we had planned! “Shower games” are usually planned to get guests interacting and socializing so in order to get people involved, we arranged for a couple really amazing, interactive experiences that also served as ‘take home’ gifts.
1. Blissfully You is a Utah based company that comes to your event and allows your guests to create their own customized scents. The set up was BEAUTIFUL and everyone LOVED being able to choose the scents they loved. We designed beautiful “love potion” labels that also incorporated the LOVE FERN vibe!
2. Littlefield Lane is a custom jewelry company whom I collaborate with! We have been developing a new handwritten font that can be used on charms to customize as one chooses! My dear friend, and owner Heidi Lowen, brought the new alpha stamps, and charms with colorful cords. Each person could choose what they would like hand stamped onto their choice of metal for a small “love charm”.
3. I wanted Julianne to leave with a special book filled with photos and advice from all her closest friends. My friends at Fuji made sure we were set up with Instax Mini 70 cameras and plenty of film. The “love notes” book had designed pages with a spot for an Instax photo, some “love advice” and an idea for a favorite “romantic date”. As the party was ending, I was able to gather all the pages complete with photos of each guest, and use my Cinch machine to bind it right on the spot!
We also snapped a bunch of photos and filled some of my Heidi Swapp Instax albums with photos of all those in attendance!
Instax photos just have a certain feel to them that just makes you happy! It was the best to hand her an album completely full of Instax photos! Instant memories for sure!
Each station was set up with water color signage posted on a white Heidi Swapp Letterboards that were complete with the name and description. The Letterboard signs were the perfect ‘unifying’ element for Jules’ party decor!
Join me again tomorrow for even more details about this fabulous shower!