banner delights 5 ways
Allow me to introduce Banner Delights! Today I am going to show you what these little darlings can do!
Banner Delights are available in the Sugar Chic and the No Limits collections, both of which have glittery accents; and also the Color Magic line, which comes all white, and allow you to add your own COLOR! I love them all! Each package comes with 8 banners…
Banners have been making us happy for a while now! And these will be no exception! these delights are effortless! They can easily grace projects of all kinds! But let me show you how to kick it up a notch!
I want to show you 5 different ways that you can put these Banner Delights to work on your projects! (I have enlisted some help from a couple of ladies on the Pink Paislee Design Team — thanks so much Jennifer Evans and Crystal Livesay!)
- LAYER the delight! This is definitely: “where a little is good, more is FABULOUS!” The fun thing about the different colors and shapes, they look great layered! You can start by just layering 2 sets… but don’t stop there! Use dimensional adhesive to add, well… dimension!
and on this layout from Crystal …
- OK, we have talked about layering up the delights, but check out how amazing it looks when you top the delights with the trimmings! Maybe you have seen my video where I shoot the fringe with a heat tool to get them to curl up a bit- looks amazing.
Also, don’t hesitated to trim up the fringe to just the right length for the look you want!
- A little delight will go a long way when you cut the flags off one at a time to create little tabs and accents! Using this technique you can really spread the banner love!
- You might have guessed that I love flags and pennants! Again, take apart the flags one piece at a time, and adhere them to the stix or the pennants! Makes for some great collage opportunities!
Or, how about go FULL ON flag! I am a big fan of adding big flags and banners onto a CAKE! And I really love both these ideas from Jennifer of a make-your-own gift box AND this ‘personal’ cake-in-a-mug idea!…
See Jennifer’s video tutorial on making the box below.
For even more info on the box tutorial as well as info on the cake banner and the cake itself, click here.
- My last tip again involves cutting the flags apart, but this time… try re-sewing the pieces back together (you could even mix and match them) so you get a little more ‘drape’. Check out how I draped the banner on this jar.
Try these fun options on your weekend creations! I’d love to see your ‘take’! Post your pics on my facebook page! I can’t wait to see!
PS: Did you see that Archivers is having a FREE Make & Take Weekend THIS WEEKEND using my Memory File products? If you live near an Archivers location, be sure to drop by & check it out!! See more info in the Archivers Newsletter here.