how to add FOIL FLAKES to your projects!
Adding foil flakes to a project can seem a little intimidating … but really, it’s SO EASY, and the LOOK is amazing! I made a quick HOW TO video here, and I thought I would use a couple screen shots from the video just to summarize the process!
here’s what you need:
tacky glue + sponge brush
I am using a little wood cut out from my helloheidishop.com website! (did you know that I actually have a little wood shop?)
here’s the process!
- spray paint the project the color of flakes in case any of the wood shows through. let it dry!
- using tacky glue and a foam brush, add a THIN LAYER of glue over a small portion of the project.
- open up the bottle, and remove a few of the flakes. separate the flakes in single layers, and gently press them onto the glue while the glue is tacky.
- cover the entire project w/ the flakes: paint glue on then add flakes and repeat over the whole project.
- ALLOW TO DRY COMPLETELY! DON’T RUSH THIS STEP!
- using a bristle brush and remove all the flakes! THIS BRUSH from my DIY DOORMAT program is the best!
it’s really very easy, and actually quite satisfying! so ENJOY the process.