minc butterfly and christmas tree banner
Its the most wonderful time of the year…..well almost! I am slowly but surely getting through my list of DIY Christmas projects and today I want to share one of my newest pieces! My fun Christmas tree and Minc butterfly banner!! I always love a non traditional Christmas color scheme and the addition of hot pink foil is the perfect complement to the bright green trees. Now the trees from DCWV are just the cutest and they were so easy make. I even have a quick tutorial on how to make my banner below.
I just adore how the green and the hot pink combine to create a modern and fun banner.
I love how textural the trees are in juxtaposition to the Minc foiled butterflies.
and the hot pink bows are the perfect way to finish off the banner!
Let me share how easy it is to make the banner.
1. Grab some of the Minc 3D foil butterflies from your local JOANN Store and choose a foil color that suits your Christmas decor. Foil as many butterflies that you would like. I choose two butterflies to be layered on top of each other for extra dimension. Once they were foiled I simply adhered one on top of the other and then bent up the wings.
2. Take your pack of DCWV Very Merry Trees and follow the directions to make the trees. I wanted cute short trees so I chose the 4 smallest foldable pieces for each tree.
3. Adhere the skewer inside the tree pieces and trim the skewer with a pair of scissors to the desired length.
4. Tie some bows with coordinating thin ribbon and hot glue to the skewer.
5. Take some crochet thread and thread it into a large needle. Poke the needle through the top tree piece at the back of the tree and pull the thread through.
6. Next add your layered foiled butterfly by poking a hole from the back to the front in the top right wing.
Continue adding the trees and butterflies onto the thread and then hang. I hung mine using some clear plastic removable hooks.
I just love the way it looks, it brings the perfect touch of rich shimmer and shine with the hot pink foil and fun christmas iconic trees.
Dont forget you can find the foil, Minc and Butterflies at your local JOANN Stores! Now on to my next Christmas DIY!