Minc Technique | Foiled Butterfly Banner
Easy way to foil a pattern paper banner
Are you looking for more Minc Techniques? Have you picked up the new Heidi Swapp Brayer and need an idea? Are you looking for a quick way to add some foil glam?
Today’s post includes all those things. A Minc Technique. A look at the new Heidi Swapp Brayer. And a quick fun way to glam up a banner that is perfect for summer or for parties, or even for summer parties.
Here is what you will need to create this technique:
Minc Foil Machine
Minc Foil (color optional)
new Heidi Swapp Brayer
Minc Foil Transfer
You can find all of these supplies at JoAnn Stores
Here is how to make foiled banners in five easy steps:
1. Choose a pattern paper. Cut papers to 2.5 inches wide by 3 inches tall. V-notch the end to create the banner OR use the WRMK Banner Punch Board to create easy and quick banner shapes.
2. Grab a craft mat, the banner, and the new Brayer + the Minc Transfer Medium. Squeeze a dollop of Medium on to the craft mat, run Brayer through the medium to pick up on to the brayer, roll across the end of the banner. You can mask off where you would like to apply the medium, or not. Totally up to you.
3. Allow medium to dry well. In the mean time, heat up the Minc Machine to setting 3. The light will go green when it is ready.
4. Use a Minc Carrier Sheet to place the dry banner into, cover with foil color of choice, run through the Minc Machine following manufacturers instructions.
5. Tadah! A pretty foiled Minc Banner. Decorate as you would like. Punch holes to string (or use the hole punch that is part of the WRMK Banner Punch Board). Hang and celebrate whatever it is you are celebrating. Heck, celebrate today!!!
For my banner I made it very summery and vibrant with the Magenta Foil and pattern papers from the 6×8 Art Walk Paper Pad. I die cut butterflies out of the Art Walk Paper too. My banner is going to be used for a daughter’s birthday. Yes, said daughter IS going to be 20 years old, but to her credit, she did ask for a butterfly banner for her birthday.
This is just one easy way to add glam to pattern paper to create a fun, summery and party vibing banner. Grab the new Heidi Swapp Brayer. Notch some pattern paper. And add some foiled glam to your summer.
Heidi Swapp Minc Collection available at JoAnn Stores
author: Jamie Pate