mixed media layout
Today I want to share a fun mixed media technique with you all even for those who are, like me scared of getting their fingers messy! It involves a few items from the Gallery Wall collection found exclusive at Michaels– including Mint Metallic Texture Paste, Sweet Mint Colorshine, Marquee Love white paint from the Whitewash distress kit and the Wish word stencil. To be honest I was inspired by a video Heidi shared recently on her Youtube channel in which she created a page in a Mixed Media journal….but I thought why not take it a step further and try it on a layout.
I created my textured background on some Bazzill white cardstock to really make the soft mint color pop.
Once my paint and texture paste was dry I layered over my photo and Wood Veneer title and stickers from the Instalove collection.
If we step back a little in my process, my first step in creating my layout was to add my title using my We R Memory Keepers Typecast typewriter, I love that it fits a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock, so I simply rolled my white cardstock through and typed out my journaling.
I then used my sewing machine to stitch a fun border around my journaling to add some subtle texture.
The stunning metallic texture paste adds such a beautiful touch of shimmery texture to my layout and the subtle painted background adds a touch of softness too.
Let me share my process with you in a quick step x step.
- Gather your supplies -Wish stencil, Marquee Love White paint, Sweet Mint Metallic Texture paste, Mint Colorshine.
- Spritz some colorshine into a blob of white paint and mix.
- Using a makeup sponge paint on your colorshined paint. Allow to dry.
- Lay your stencil over the painted area and randomly spread the texture paste on your stencil
- Remove the stencil and allow the texture paste to dry before completing your layout.
And if you want to watch Heidi demonstrate this technique on an Art journal page watch the following video
Thanks for joining me, I hope I have inspired you to get your fingers just a little bit messy!