Storyline Meets Goofy!
I just love Scrapbooking! For me it is a way of life! It is a way to preserve my family’s stories the big and the small for all time. Recently when Heidi held her Free Online class she shared her secrets to the “How” of getting pages done in just minutes with her new Storyline collection. But the lesson I truly took away was the “Why” of scrapbooking and the “Why “of preserving these memories forever…. Our stories told through our scrapbooks define our family’s culture. They preserve my family’s history! I want to remember the culture of my family- how we spent our boys childhood taking trips half way across the world to visit special places like Disneyland and Legoland! Childhood should be filled with these happy moments, both big and small and as a mum and a scrapbooker I am the Keeper of the memories!
Let me share how easy it was to add a little spin on the “traditional” way of scrapbooking using the (Storyline collection available at Michaels )to add a touch of whimsy to my layout. Its still took only 40 minutes to put together which is even more of a bonus!
Do you see what I did there! Totally based my layout on Goofy’s crazy hat and used the fun Deck Of Days cards from the Storyline collection to create my patterned background inside the hat!
I used some of the Glitter letters and epoxy words from the new Stationery kits also available at Michaels to add a title to my page. I ran the glitter letters alongside the edge of the goofy hat for a fun effect!
I added my journaling to one of the stickers from the Peony Sticker Kit and added it to my layout with a clip! Below you will see how easily my layout came together! and yes all in under 40 minutes!
1. Find an image on google of your desired shape and print it off. Trim around the shape and adhere it lightly to your page. ( I used some rolled washi tape that can be easily removed).
2. Print off your photos and then grab some water colors and choosing the colors in your photo add splats and sploshes around the edge of the image. I tapped my paint brush on the side of my hand for the small dots!
3. Allow the water color splotches to dry…it only takes a few minutes and then remove the shape.
4. Carefully cut out around the inside of the shape and then lay a scrap piece of cardstock under the shape.
5. Choose cards from your Deck Of Days packs that suit the theme of your layout, I grabbed all my lime cards and begin to lay down the cards to fill in the shape. You can see I added a strip of pattern paper from my stash to form the band on Goofy’s hat.
6. Once you have filled the area adhere the Deck of Days down to the cardstock underneath and complete the rest of your layout.
Let me share another page I have created for my Disneyland album using this same technique and the Storyline collection. It really is so much fun and it is so quick and easy! Isn’t he the cutest!
Don’t be afraid to mix it up a little while still recording your family’s stories! As a mum it is one of the roles I take very seriously, even as life gets crazy crazy busy it is still such an important aspect of preserving my family’s culture!
Supplies : Storyline collection